The best lyrical Ghanaian rappers of all time include; Obrafour, Okyeame Kwame, Okomfour Kwadee, Sarkodie, M.anifest among others.
In the late 80’s comes a rythmic-play exciting lyrics called ‘HIPLIFE’, which defined and breed few of the world’s most stylish and well-crafted lyrical Ghanaian rappers of all time.
A thorough look into Ghana’s rap music history, one name that always pops up and will pop up forever is Reggie Rockstone. He originated and spearheaded the ‘HIPLIFE‘ genre which has grown to become one of the most accepted and enjoyed genres in Ghana and some parts of Africa.
Ever since the ‘HIPLIFE’ Genre broke out to become a part of the most listened-to Genres in Ghana, it has helped to unearth very talented lyricist. Some of whom have spent over 3 decades in the rap game and still counting.
– One of Ghana’s greatest rappers of all time who started the Alkayida, Boys Abr3 movement with his dope rap skills. Born Maradona Yeboah Agyei globally known as Guru dominated the Ghana music scene with popular songs like Alkayida, Boys Abr3, Kaseibo, among others.
9. Ayigbe Edem
– Undisputed Ewe rap god, mostly spits bars in his native language. Edem rose to fame whiles at the camp of ‘Da Hammmer’ of Last two studios. He burst out songs like You dey kraze, Braa fr3me, Nyomuviade, Ghetto arise, over again among others.
– Birthed Nii Addo Quaynor popularly known as Tinny has churned out some of the great rap songs in the world. He bubbled up from the last two studios and is referred to as the undisputed Ga rap god. Tinny’s songs gained massive airplay in the late 90’s and early 2000’s and until now refreshes people. Songs like Makola Kwakwe, Kaa bu ame, Dzomo, Aletse Ogboo, Zingolo, Obi do ba, among others were few of his hits.
7. Lord Kenya
– One of the craziest performing rappers in the world, Abraham Philip Akpor Kojo Kainya has been very influential in the Ghana rap music fraternity. Lord Kenya professional begun dropping hits in the late 90’s. few of the hits he released are Mr. P.O.P, Medo, Enyom no, Sika baa, Eky3 a n’adwo, Baby Nayoka etc.
6. Reggie Rockstone
– Off course the hiplife genre originator, referred to by many as Grand Papa exhibited exceptional rap style on dope beats which caught the attention of many, some of whom were inspired to be even greater than he is. Songs like 3y3 mo d3 anaa, Agoo, Plan b3n, Ah ft K.K Fosu among others.
– Kwame Ametepe Tsikata, well known as M.naifest earned the title Godmc for his consistent flawless unique rap-style. After securing a spot on the music scene, he’s been able to calve a niche for himself and define his music consumers. He’s released dope songs like Godmc, Bear, Hand dey go hand dey come, makaa maka, someway bi, Raper101 etc.
4. Okomfour Kwadee
– The best rap story teller so far in the world. Kwadee is just dope. His rap-style is comical, educative, unique and above all reasonably entertaining. His real name is Jerry Anaba and has released quite a number of hit songs such as Ofie Nipa, Yeko mmaa pe, me botomu ay3 ma, Gye w’ani, among other hits.
– Michael Owusu Addo famously known as Sarkodie a.k.a King Sark is the man of the moment. The people’s favorite , the two-time BET award winner and off course Africa’s best rapper at the moment and i see him not losing that title anytime soon. Dude is a rap god. check out his few of his tunes Original, Azonto fiesta, Illuminati, Saa Okodie no, New guy ft Acehood, Adonai, U go kill me, Ofeetso etc.
2. Okyeame Kwame
– A well-branded, deep lyricist, story teller and above all lyrically entertaining, Okyeame Kwame’s artistry is highly recognized in the music industry. Staying relevant for over two decades is not a joke. Okyeame Kwame is also one of the descent lyricist in history. Check out few of his songs like; Small small, Woara, woso, wodo nkoaa, Sika ft. Kesse, faithful ft. Bertha among many hits.
– Securing the number one spot is the numero uno of rap music, Ghana’s all time favorite and rap beast, Obrafour. He started releasing dope records in the late 90’s after being inspired by the hiplife genre originator, Reggie Rockstone. The album that made him popular, ‘Pae Mu Ka’ has almost 70 percent of his rap hit songs. songs like ma mendwen me ho, agoro no aso, kokonsa, pae mu ka, and many others on and off his album had a lot of ears in the late 90’s and ealry 2000’s making him the greatest rapper of all time.
So there you go, the top 10 best lyrical Ghanaian rappers of all time.