Shatta wale, Sarkodie and Stonebowy are among the most expensive Ghanaian artistes you can’t pay for a feature.
Music is very lucrative, yet one of the most expensive businesses in the world today; talent is not enough, you need thousands of dollars to help you climb the superstar ladder.
However, through hardship, pain and sleepless night, some artistes have been able to shower their flowers to an enviable height where everyone wants to have a pluck, especially the up and coming acts who severely need a stepping stone to see the light of the day. Music today is purely business.
Privilegeamoah.com has identified some expensive Ghanaian artistes that are very costly to feature. This is due to the influence, the numbers and brand they command with their revered personalities.
1.Shatta Wale – our checks indicate that the Dancehall King is the most expensive Ghanaian artiste to feature on a record. Anybody looking to have Shatta Wale on a song should be willing to pay Gh50,000 and above. But wait; that’s a lot of cash and a burden to an underground act. Again, it is purely business and money wins.
2. Sarkodie – About two years ago, King Sark carried the list as the most expensive Ghanaian artiste to feature on a song. Today he is the second on the list. Sarkodie is one of the most expensive Ghanaian artistes to feature, considering his weight in the industry and of course he being the most patronized rapper in Africa. It will take not less than Gh45,000 to have a Sarkodie featured on a song.
3. Stonebwoy – The Bhim president is one of the highly-rated Reggae-Dancehall acts in Africa. Having established a great brand, the one-time B.E.T. award winner is known to be one of the expensive Ghanaian acts. He is not cheap to have him feature on a song. If you are looking forward to having a Stonebwoy featured on a song, it will cost you about Gh41,000.
4. R2bees – The Tema based music duo is one of the best music group in Africa, having unleashed dope records which have earned them several nominations and awards, Omar Sterlin and Mugeez are still in Good standing. R2bees are among few of the expensive artistes in Ghana. Anybody looking to feature R2bees should be willing to pay at least Gh35,000 for a feature.
5. M.anifest – The Godmc with the wavy bars. He is one of the heavyweight rappers in Ghana with dope records ranging from highlife, Afrobeat and Hip-hop. He is one of the most expensive Ghanaian artistes. To have M.anifest featured on a song is a big deal as he’s not cheap and will cost you Gh32,000 and even more.
6. Kuami Eugene – The lynx entertainment artiste is just 3 years in the game and everything is magically working for him. He won the VGMA Artiste of the Year, 2020. Kuami Eugene is a highlife artiste who has become a household name following his numerous hit songs. Gh28,000 is what you require to have him featured on a song.
7. Medikal – Amg Medikal is a game-changer who has brought flex and style into the music scene. He is one of the best rappers in the game and a killer hip-hop artiste. Medikal won the hip-hop artiste of the year at the just ended 2020 VGMA and has the latest hip-hop jam dubbed ‘La Hustle’ performing magic. If you have plans of featuring Medikal on a song you should have Gh25,000 or even more.
8. Okyeame Kwame – Having maintained relevancy and consistency for over two decades in the industry, Okyeame Kwame has timeless records and a solid brand. He still churns out great tunes, his latest album ‘Made in Ghana’ proves his musical superiority. He is one of the best rappers of all time in the history of Ghana music. It will cost you Gh17,000 to have the rap dakta featured on a song.
This was compiled based on analyses made and pieces of information gathered by privilegeamoah.com.