2018 was full of surprises and too many success stories among these were celebrities who deliberately sacrificed their fame topping up with marriages putting their time consuming career at the edge and they deserve some thumbs.
Off course celebrities of this caliber will never settle for a cheap wedding, flaunting the whole world to their spouses from some of the most expensive wedding gowns to some of the most expensive champagnes in town.
privilegeamoah.com brings a compilation of 10 Ghanaian celebrities who got married in 2018.
1. John Dumelo: Dumelo got married to his heartthrob, Gifty Mawunya, on May 12, 2018. Their wedding was greeted with lots of surprise because it came at a time many people were not expecting.
This is especially because Dumelo never made known his relationship on social media as some of his colleagues were doing.
Moreover, his wife, Gifty, also kept a low profile on social media, therefore, their marriage came as a huge surprise to many.
Reports also went viral about a woman who claimed to be Dumelo’s ex-girlfriend who threatened to cause confusion at the marriage ceremony. However, the wedding was successfully held.
2. Becca: The songstress got married to a Nigerian entertainment and business mogul, Daniel Oluwatobi Sanni, in August. The wedding was attended by high-profiled dignitaries from both Ghana and Nigeria.
At a time many people were wondering why Becca would overlook all her Ghanaian suitors to marry a Nigerian, she revealed that she found love in Oluwatobi for which she chose him.
Her husband, on the other hand, described Becca as “the beginning of the rest of his life”, thereby, assuring her of his undying love. Later, rumours went haywire that Becca’s marriage was necessitated by a pregnancy.
3. Sarkodie: Sakordie’s wedding was much-talked about because of an attitude he put up by ‘hoarding’ his own engagement photos. In fact, the musician kept the whole of Ghana, particularly, his fans, on tenterhooks as they waited impatiently for him to release the photos but to no avail.
Unfortunately for Sarkodie, blurred photos suspected to be taken by some invited guests at the wedding got leaked and they were published much to the couple’s displeasure.
However, after the white wedding on July 21, 2018, Sarkodie himself shared lovely photos of his best moments from his wedding. His wife, Tracy Sarkcess, was so excited about their wedding cake in particular. She described it as “Africa’s first hanging cake”.
Many people were happy for the new couple given the fact that they had reportedly dated for about 13 years before officially tying the knot. The two have a daughter, Adalyn Owusu Addo, affectionately called Titi.
4. Ameyaw Debrah: The popular Ghanaian blogger of ameyawdebrah.com also got married to his dear wife, Elsina Debrah at a plush event in Accra. Ameyaw’s wedding also came as a big surprise to his fans because like Dumelo, he never revealed much or anything at all about his love life.
In fact, some people even said they never thought Ameyaw had a girlfriend because he seems to be busy all the time. Revealing how he met the wife, Ameyaw said it was through a mutual friend. His wife, then his girlfriend, was living abroad.
Eventually they got to meet when she visited Ghana, and they kept in touch and married two years later. Ameyaw and Elsina are blessed with a lovely baby boy called Nathan Debrah.
5. Fred Nuamah: The actor and movie producer got married to his beautiful wife, Martekor, in March this year.
He first made headlines when he proposed to Martekor, then his girlfriend, when they were on board a plane. Their wedding was attended by colleagues and friends from the movie and entertainment industry in general.
6. Ama Sarpong Kumakuma: The UTV presenter got married in January 2018 to a pastor, Very Rev. Charles K. Gyasi. Not much was known about her husband. But their wedding was very successful.
7. Eddie Nartey: One of Ghana’s own actors, Eddie Nartey, also joined the marriage gang when he tied the knot with his dear wife on September 22, 2018.
The marriage was well attended by his colleague actors and actresses. Eddie himself shared lovely photos from their wedding, and in one of the photos, he was captured passionately kissing his wife.
8. Chris Attoh: After a hectic divorce in 2017, Attoh found love again in 2018. His marriage came as a surprise to some people because it was not very long after his divorce.
He married his American-based Ghanaian sweetheart, Betty. Most people were happy for him considering the fact that he had found love again and showed that he had gotten over his ex-wife, Damilola.
Chris and Damilola have a son together – Bryan, whom Chris had indicated remained top of his priority even though he was no longer married to his mother.
9. Bibi Bright: Bibi also got to married for the second time after a divorce some six years ago. She got married to her husband, Akwasi Boateng, in July in a lovely ceremony attended by her colleague actors and actresses.
Bibi declared her willingness to remain married to her new husband. She stated that she had learnt lessons from the failures of her former marriage adding that she was willing to ensure that the new marriage worked.
10. Sammy Forson: The Joy FM presenter married his long-time girlfriend, Pearl Yahaya, in a plush ceremony in in Bolgatanga, Upper East Region, in August. Their wedding was reportedly attended by few family and friends because it was strictly by invitation.
Some politicians including a former minister, Mark Woyongo, and colleagues from the media and entertainment industry reportedly graced the occasion.